By Carolyn H. Jackson and Neil Robson
On July 11, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) updated two question and answer documents (Q&A). The first related to the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and the second to the Undertakings for the Collective Investment in Transferable Securities Directive (UCITS).
The updated AIFMD Q&A contains new questions and answers relating to reporting requirements for:
- loans purchased on the secondary market;
- conversion of the total value of assets under management; and
- currency of the net asset value.
The updated UCITS Q&A includes two new questions and answers on:
- issuer concentration; and
- group links, independence and cooling-off periods.
The purpose of these Q&A documents is to promote common supervisory approaches and practices of both the AIFMD and the UCITS Directive and their implementing measures.